[Edu-sig] What Linux distro?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:56:18 CEST 2009

Yeah and no problem distributing closed Windows binary, self installs,
in fair trade for Uncle Sams (or other currency), in order to earn
enough dough to "give back" to the wxPython community via Debian
headwaters or whatever.

Many of us have day jobs that in some way leverage the fact that
Windows users don't know what "a compiler" is, not that Python really
needs one (but your app is more than Python plus binary distros
require install tools).

PySol is another famous closed source example that's been out there
for years.  I forget if bittorrent is open source, even if free, lemme
check...

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-August/570908.html
http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/

Woah duh, you bet it is, also wxPython in some incarnations.

Just be clear that nothing in the Python license requires you to make
your Python source public, whereas Python itself is public and
available through Python.org

Kirby