[Edu-sig] another edu-sig page textbook (suggesting to AR)

Maria Droujkova droujkova at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:06:40 CEST 2009

The blurb says "not for dummies engaging style." I want a book like
that, well, not for dummies, but for people who may already harbor
significant math anxiety. They tend to disengage seeing certain
artifacts or representations...

I think this book is a very cool resource and I intend to use it. With
the kind of students I have in mind, we may need to create our own.
With more cowbell (or, as Kirby put it earlier, comics).

--
Cheers,
MariaD

Make math your own, to make your own math.

http://www.naturalmath.com social math site
http://www.phenixsolutions.com empowering our innovations