[Edu-sig] Pycon organizers is now talking about poster sessions

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Sat Aug 1 04:22:31 CEST 2009

Well, I'm a teacher, and I started proposing the idea of (and offered to
coordinate) an education themed poster session on the PyCon organizers
list a couple of weeks ago. This proposal was based on some discussions
Kirby, Steve Holden and I had after this past PyCon. See
http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/pycon-organizers/2009-July/012679.html
for my initial proposal.

Back in April I floated the poster sesson idea on this list and got a
few responses, mostly favorable. (see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2009-April/009257.html) And
Kirby has posted on this theme here and in other places several times.

On PyCon-organizers there have been a couple of rounds of discussion,
but no resolution  so far. Then came the latest discussions of lost
money, adding another track, etc.

So yeah, the idea does come from a couple of teachers, and it's
certainly my intention to keep consulting with members of this list, if
only we can get some sort of agreement from the PyCon organizers. So I'm
grateful for the push you gave the idea recently and any help you can
give us in moving it forward.

Cheers,
Vern