[Edu-sig] [Diversity] Unicode and Ed Initiatives

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 06:08:51 CEST 2009

2009/8/19 kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>:
> كيربي Urner 's CP4E الموارد البرمجة بيثون دمج مواضيع في الرياضيات.

> """
> More and more, Python is making inroads at all levels in education.
> Python offers an interactive environment in which to explore
> procedural, functional and object oriented approaches to problem
> solving. أكثر وأكثر ، بيثون تحرز تقدما على جميع المستويات في مجال
> التعليم. بيثون عروض تفاعلية البيئة التي لاستكشاف الإجرائية والفنية
> وجوه النهج الموجهة نحو حل المشاكل. Its high level data structures and
> clear syntax make it an ideal first language, while the large number
> of existing libraries make it suitable to tackle almost any
> programming tasks. ارتفاع البيانات على مستوى الهياكل وتركيب واضح جعله
> مثاليا اللغة الأولى ، في حين أن عددا كبيرا من المكتبات الموجودة جعلها
> مناسبة للتعامل مع أي برمجة المهام تقريبا.
>
> Edu-sig, through its mailing list , provides an informal venue for
> comparing notes and discussing future possibilities for Python in
> education. ايدو - سيج ، من خلال قائمة البريد الإلكتروني ، ويوفر مكانا
> غير رسمي لمقارنة الملاحظات ومناقشة امكانيات بيثون في المستقبل في مجال
> التعليم. Its origins trace to Guido van Rossum's pioneering Computer
> Programming for Everybody (CP4E) , a grant proposal accepted by DARPA,
> and which provided a modicum of funding in 1999. تتبع أصولها إلى غيدو
> فان Rossum الرائد الكل لبرمجة الحاسوب (CP4E) ، ومنحة مقترح DARPA قبلها
> ، والتي توفر حدا أدنى من التمويل في عام 1999.
>
> Membership includes, but is not limited to, educators using Python in
> their courses, independent developers, and authors of educational
> materials. Discussion focuses on Python use at all levels, from
> beginning to advanced applications. تضم في عضويتها ، على سبيل المثال
> لا الحصر ، والمربين باستخدام بيثون في مناهجها ، والمطورين المستقلين ،
> والمؤلفين من المواد التعليمية. بيثون مناقشة تركز على استخدام على جميع
> المستويات ، من اوله الى التطبيقات المتقدمة.
>
> كيربي Urner 'sCP4E الموارد البرمجة بيثون دمج مواضيع في الرياضيات.
> """
>
> My apologies to those not getting the right unicode translation.  I'm
> thinking on a diversity list, we should expect more stuff like this,
> not less, over time.
>
> Kirby

With the caveat that I don't understand Arabic script, it looks legit
on my gmail on FreeBSD 7.2/KDE/Opera.

May I make a suggestion?  Can we change the topic to something like
what I changed it to above and start a new thread?  I got a bit
confused as the previous thread has a long history.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted the thread and the topic.  Please
feel free to change it to its true meaning.

Thanks a ton.

Carl T.