[Edu-sig] CS teaching approaches

Michael H. Goldwasser goldwamh at slu.edu
Sat Dec 19 15:20:26 CET 2009

Hi Roberto,

Although I know you've sent this question to a Python mailing list,
and I am a fan of Python in general, I'd strongly recommend using
Scratch as a first language for that age group.

It includes Turtle Art functionality, but so much more as well.  See
http://scratch.mit.edu for details, and they even have an educators
forum at http://scratched.media.mit.edu.

With regard,
Michael