[Edu-sig] Python 2.6.1 build problems

Arana Fireheart aranafireheart at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 22:01:07 CET 2009

Hi,

	I am trying to build Python 2.6.1 (upgrade) on Ubuntu 8.10 in
preparation for a class next week. When I try to build it from the
source files I run into two problems.

		1. The first (resolved) was:
			Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
bsddb185  sunaudiodev
		I was able to reslove this by using a patch "python2.6-disable-old-
modules.patch"

		2. The second and currently un-resolvable issue is that the build
fails to link in tkinter. I can't quite figure this one out, since I
thought that this was part of Python.

		*** WARNING: renaming "_tkinter" since importing it failed:
libtk8.5.so.0:

		Failed to build these modules:
		_tkinter

		running build_scripts
		arana at arana-linux:~/Desktop/Python-2.6.1$

	Is there anyone out there that has figured out how to get this build
to finish? I've kinda run out of tricks!

Arana