[Edu-sig] turtle in education

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Fri Jul 31 12:48:24 CEST 2009

Hi Roberto, hi all,

I've just created a repository of turtle graphics demos/applications
at google code:

http://code.google.com/p/python-turtle-demo/

There are two versions of the collection: one for use with Python 3.1
and one for use with Python 2.5 / 2.6. The latter contains a backport
of version 1.1 of the turtle module (from Python 3.1) to Python 2.

Among others it contains all the examples I have demonstrated
at Pycon 2009 and at Europython 2009.

If you are interested to amend some of these examples, add some
explanatory material or contribute additional examples, please tell
me so I could add you as a committer to the project.

Maybe this repository could evolve to something Roberto was
asking for (below).

If you have questions concerning the examples, feel free to ask here.

I hope that this collection will prove to be useful.

Best regards,
Gregor