[Edu-sig] mentions of Py on Math Forum....

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 16:09:10 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Laura Creighton<lac at openend.se> wrote:
> What kind of money are you looking for to replace your laptop?
>
> Laura

That's a kind question Laura, OK asking the list. ;)

It's a relief to have so much in the way of pictures and source code
etc. already uploaded, so its really a matter of time and priorities,
with money simply a signal to slice in the time.

I don't want to pay myself to fiddle with that hard drive, maybe by
putting it in some identical laptop off eBay (it might boot perfectly
-- or I could slave it in another system, mount it as a peripheral),
because I'm already trying to do too much.

It'd probably be a good sign though, that I was getting the time.

My business associates are also overworked, would love R&R but don't get any.

>From what I can tell, it has to do with a rotten economy, which won't
get any better at all with all those people running around in the
desert thinking they're helping somebody, wasting their lives, but
that's difficult to control from Portland, easier to drink coffee and
celebrate small victories when I can (special wine in the cooler).

Making good progress with digital mathematics track, getting lots of
help on that, but its volunteers (Lindsey, Chris, many others).  No
one has a budget for anything really important and relevant.  That's
what "rotten economy" means.

Still getting fun movies though, fantasy worlds always in relative
abundance.  Did you see that funny xkcd about 'Snakes on a Plane 2'?

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2009/05/stupid-summer-movie.html