[Edu-sig] Fwd: All PyCon Tutorials are "On"

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:52:42 CET 2009

Looks like we're a go for 'Python for Teachers', even if it's an
intimate group, more like a planning meeting (strategy session),
moving on to Phase 2 (starting from Phase 0 of course)...

I did some outreach to classroom math teachers via the Chicago chipy,
got some interesting feedback.  Teachers seem curious, but most have
not heard of Python.

I think journalism is the gaping hole here.  There used to be sections
on science, other technical topics, but now it's all fluff about real
estate, the mortgage mess, various scandals.

You'd think The Oregonian would have run numerous backgrounders on
FOSS topics by now, but journalists reflect the culture at large in
being mostly clueless about these topics.

That wouldn't be such of a problem if our economy didn't depend on
using these power tools.

Kirby