[Edu-sig] TraceyText - A web tool for single-stepping through source code.

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:15:36 CET 2009

I've created a JavaScript tool called TraceyText. It basically creates
web pages that can display the source code of a program and annotate
each step with notes. This allows you to go through a run of a program
step by step with explanations on the way.

I created this to demo the small games I made in Python for my free
Creative Commons book, Invent Your Own Games with Python ( available at
http://pythonbook.coffeeghost.net )

I'll admit the tool needs more documentation and demos, but here's a
demo just to see how it works:

The website is here:

-Al Sweigart