[Edu-sig] Edu Summit at PyCon ?

Trevor Toenjes ttoenjes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:47:25 CET 2009

Who is also part of pycon-organizers and can jump start some activity?

Vern Ceder wrote:
> Actually, we've probably been more active than most - every year
> members of edu-sig have gone out to dinner and spent an open space
> evening together. Naturally more publicity and support would always be
> welcome.
If this is satisfactory to everyone, then that is that. (the thread
seemed to die quickly)

But if there is a desire to accomplish more ... then it requires some
organization and effort.
My offer is open ended to do publicity if the group decides to organize
the beginning of something more formal like an Education Summit.  I am
glad to help find additional space if need and do press releases, etc.
Who can work on this?

> I would also appreciate it if someone had the academic contacts and
> the time to pursue them. However, I doubt that we can tinker with the
> tutorials much at this point. OTOH, posters, lightning talks, and open
> space are all very well suited for both educators and students, so it
> would be good to get the word out. Anyone?
Who will volunteer to start the grass-roots advocacy and call academics
around Atlanta and invite them and their students to PyCon and to meet
with the edu group?