[Edu-sig] noteworthy --

Vern Ceder vceder at canterburyschool.org
Thu Nov 5 16:40:14 CET 2009

Hey Kirby,

Strange you should mention that - one of the unexplored ideas in my
folder of possible programming exercises is to generate haiku from a
list of words... possibly with the help of the NLTK. Lots of text
processing issues to address in a fairly compact problem statement. I've
also always liked text-y projects myself.

And I definitely agree about the Ulysses results...

Thanks much for the link.

Cheers,
Vern

kirby urner wrote:
> Hey Vern --
>
> It's not exactly a poster, but it does have exhibits.  The linked
> website giving Haikus distilled from Ulysses is amazing to behold:
>
> http://projects.metafilter.com/2256/Haiku-Finder
>
> I'm a fan of these alpha (vs. numeric) computing projects, though I'm
> also a fan of number crunching too (it's not either/or).
>
> KirbyUrner
> WikiEducator

This time for sure!
    -Bullwinkle J. Moose