[Edu-sig] [ANNC] pybotwar-0.7
missive at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 18:34:14 CET 2009
pybotwar is a fun and educational game where players
write computer programs to control simulated robots.
pybotwar uses pybox2d for the physical simulation.
It can be run in text-only mode -- useful for longer
tournaments -- or use pyqt or pygame for a graphical
interface and visualization of the action.
pybotwar is released under GPLv3.
Changes in pybotwar-0.7:
- pybox2d-2.0.2b1 compatibility (latest pybox2d release)
- decouple view modules so unused graphic modules are not required
- added new "pinged" sensor to detect when robot is seen by others
- randomize order robots are handled each tick
- PyQt4 interface improvements
- new battle dialog to select combatants
- internal text editor improvements
- allow multiple open editor windows
- do a few simple checks on robot programs when saving
Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online.
More information about the Edu-sig