[Edu-sig] Crunchy and Sphinx?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:13:17 CEST 2009

I have high regard for Crunchy Frog, another Monty Python allusion (I
make sure kids learn).  I also met a music band recently by that name,
includes didgeridoo playing.  Perhaps we'll see some YouTube
commercials for this free product soon?

I encourage open source developers to create demand for their products
just like car companies do (whiskey companies etc.), not so much to
generate profit (the product is free after all) but to motivate geeks
to participate and contribute, as field testers and power users at
first, some graduating to become core committers if passionate and
skilled enough.  So more like the army maybe, in terms of what the
commercials accomplish.

Kirby
4D