[Edu-sig] Python for Philosophers

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:02:44 CET 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

<< trim >>

ADDENDUM:

> [0] http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20090831.140043.d7465e01.en.html

I acknowledge in advance that some here may send up a red flag re my
citing of a post by Xah Lee.

The late Arthur Siegel mentioned him a ways back in this archive,
asking if I knew him (answer: not yet).

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2006-September/007247.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2009-March/172547.html

But then both Arthur and I have had our share of detractors, so it's
not my place, as a teapot, to call the kettle black.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080107065526AAOSeeK
(explaining the idiom).

Kirby

PS:  I see Xah really likes Abbott's 'Flatland', which I do as social
satire, but then I think it's been over-used to pump up certain brands
of shamanism within the math-physics community (yes, that's a
provocative way of putting it, which Juan rightly questioned -- did my
best to explain here):

http://groups.google.com/group/mathfuture/msg/776d6b1dc2c526c5?hl=en