[Edu-sig] Practice Programs/Problems

David MacQuigg macquigg at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 28 22:03:40 CET 2009

Kristin Baaki wrote:

> I was hoping someone could recommend a book of practice
> programs/problems.  I've been creating all my class exercises and
> large programming projects on my own and at times I've run out of
> ideas.  If someone could point me in the right directions I'd
> appreciate it.

We had a good start with the PyWhip project http://pywhip.appspot.com,
then we lost our volunteer website developer.  If you can find someone
to fill that role, maybe we can resume.  I know there was a lot of
interest from other teachers.

The focus of PyWhip is on small problems, and lots of repetition.  It's
an interactive websitel, not a textbook, although I think the help files
could do well as teaching aids.

-- Dave