[Edu-sig] Math + Python: reviewing some themes (long)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 02:08:55 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> In sum, I think the best way to teach OO is not make it *not* a strictly
> computer science topic, but just a science topic more generally.

Messed that one up eh?

Make it *not* a strictly computer science topic...

So you've all heard this joke....

Professor:  interestingly, a double negative constitutes a logical positive,
as in "not no" or "not not", however we have no expression in English where
a double positive denotes a negative.

Student in the back, sarcastically:  Yeah, right.

Kirby

PS:  I'm a huge fan of Java by the way, in the hands of a skilled coder such
as Gerald de Jong:

http://www.darwinathome.org/blog/2010/01/26/Tensegrity-Sphere-Movie.html