[Edu-sig] Fwd: Art of Problem Solving Programming/Computer Science

Phil Wagner philhwagner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 05:41:59 CEST 2010

Thought I would share this in case anyone had not heard of it.

----Start Forwarded Message----

Greetings,

This fall, Art of Problem Solving will offer its first course in
computer science/programming.  We are starting with Introduction to
Programming using Python.  The 12-week course is intended for students
who are new to computer programming.  This course covers basic
procedural techniques such as variables, data types, selection,
iteration, and functions.  It will also introduce students to the
object-oriented paradigm. We???ll also look at various computer
science concepts.  By the end of the course, students will be able to
construct a moderately-sized Python program with a graphical user
interface.  We expect to offer more advanced courses in the future.

We will offer two sections of the course this fall, one on Thursday
nights, 7:30 - 9 PM ET (4:30 - 6 PM PT), starting September 16, and
the other on Wednesday nights, 7:30 - 9 PM ET (4:30 - 6 PM PT),
starting September 22.  We expect both sections to fill relatively
quickly, so don't wait too long to enroll if you plan on taking the
course.

More details about the course are available at

http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/School/courseinfo.php?course_id=cs:intro

If you have any questions about this course, or any other Art of
Problem Solving course, please contact us at
classes at artofproblemsolving.com.

Sincerely,

Richard Rusczyk

To leave this mailing list or manage your mail list settings, please
go  to http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/Company/maillist.php

--
www.brokenairplane.com (Education and Technology Blog)

--