[Edu-sig] [ANNC] pynguin-0.9 (python turtle graphics application)
missive at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 01:20:42 CEST 2010
Pynguin is a python-based turtle graphics application.
It combines an editor, interactive interpreter, and
graphics display area.
It is meant to be an easy environment for introducing
some programming concepts to beginning programmers.
This release has focused on improvements to usabilty and
user-friendliness, with much input and many reports
from actual users. Thanks Alec! There is a huge list
of bug fixes and new features.
Pynguin is tested with Python 2.6.5 and PyQt 4.7.2 and
will use Pygments syntax highlighting if available.
Pynguin is released under GPLv3.
Changes in pynguin-0.9:
- added pythonic accessors for .x .y and .heading
- added methods for getting heading: xyh() and h()
- added promote() method to change which pynguin is primary
- added remove() to get rid of unneeded pynguins
- also enables removing pynguin, but keeping its drawing
- added reap() method to remove all other pynguins and
take charge of all their drawings at once
- made turnto() instant, like goto()
- plain reset() now only affects single pynguin
- restores as much as possible to initial state
- use reset(True) or reset(full=True) for complete reset
- square() is now built in
- added avatar() to access setImageid() more reliably
- changed onclick() API slightly
- updated onclick examples and added new examples
- added ability to zoom and pan the canvas
- added ability to track pynguin if it draws off the screen
- pynguins can now be dragged in to position
- now passes mouse clicks to all pynguins
- fixed problem with editor undo entries being lost
- better recognition of when document has actually been modified
- automatically strips prompts when pasting to code editor
- allow changing font size and word wrapping in editor
- fixed tabifying/untabifying selection in editor
- fixed copying from console area (shortcut and context menu)
- KeyboardInterrupt is now quiet by default
- fixed tab/backtab in console area
- added keyboard shortcuts for scrolling in console
- added ctrl-d shortcut for exiting when typing in console
- added periodic automatic saving
- better control-c handling
- code that never uses Pynguin methods can now be stopped
- limits print rate to keep console responsive
- fixed prompt alignment after ctrl-c on non-function code
- made .png default export and improved error message on failure
- now allows unicode in code area and console
- added command line switch to enable debugging
- added Save As, New, and Open shortcuts
Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection.
More information about the Edu-sig