[Edu-sig] [ANNC] pynguin-0.8 python turtle graphics application
missive at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 9 00:59:40 CEST 2010
Pynguin is a python-based turtle graphics application.
It combines an editor, interactive interpreter, and
graphics display area.
It is meant to be an easy environment for introducing
some programming concepts to beginning programmers.
This release continues to refine the interaction between
the code-running threads and the main thread. Please
report any strange behaviors, crashes, or freezes!
Pynguin is tested with Python 2.6.5 and uses PyQt (4.7.2)
for its GUI elements. Pynguin is released under GPLv3.
Changes in pynguin-0.8:
- fixed strange behavior after KeyboardInterrupt
- fixed clear() to put pen back in to correct drawing state
- added support for pygments syntax highlighting
- exposed Pynguin class directly
- added object oriented (Pynguin subclass) examples
- added color nudging function
- color('random') returns the selected color
- polar and Cartesian plot improvements
- added padding around exported image
- added square() method to Pynguin class
- added more programming challenge worksheets
- code editor improvements
- unified z-value across pynguins to eliminate flicker
Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection.
More information about the Edu-sig