[Edu-sig] Question for Guido van Robot, RUR-PLE and other Karel the robot clone users (Andre Roberge)

Andy Judkis ajudkis at verizon.net
Sat May 22 13:00:22 CEST 2010

I just finished using RUR-PLE to introduce programming for probably the
10th time, and I still feel that it's just about ideal as a starting
point for Python.  If you haven't looked at it, I highly recommend
giving it a try.

Every time I teach it, I mean to send Andre an email saying "you know,
we can just drop this turn_off() thing", but I never remember.  I can't
think of any programming concept that turn_off() teaches, and there are
always a few kids who confuse it with return.

Cheers,
Andy