[Edu-sig] Platonic / Archimedean / Catalan Solids in Blender

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 02:25:31 CEST 2011

2011/4/22 Lee Harr <missive at hotmail.com>:

> Hi;
>
> I know some of you like exploring geometry with Python.
>
> The latest Blender 2.57 includes a python add-on for generating
> a huge list of different types of geometric solids.

This is huge progress. Back when Tron was made, there was only one
special-effects company that knew how to generate the stellated
polyhedra for the Bit, a character that existed in only two visual
states. Judson Rosebush did it in APL. Now there are a number of
software packages that allow you to do it by a simple command or menu
selection.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/