[Edu-sig] py tutorials with some educational interaction
jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:15:35 CET 2011
during the hollydays I put up some nice system
to quite straitforward build tutorials...
the tutorial is written in kind of markdown (this could be changed easily)
and then it is converted to rst/sphinx like
* automatically computes outputs/results of examples (I havent' found
such feature otherwise)
* adds interactions (via sphinx template js injections)
at the bottom of each code block there are 3 buttons appearing on hover
- 1st I'd call "syntax trainer by repeating" (for beginners it
should be very good)
- 2nd -- toggle off/on prompts and output -- for copying example to editor
which I didn't found around sphinx (3 lines of jquery actually)
- 3rd -- integration with http://people.csail.mit.edu/pgbovine/python/
- I also used turtle graphics to introduce function -- and I like this idea
Tutorial is in Lithuanian, but you can understand most by examples...
I was writing it with absolute beginners in mind --
somehow I didn't find easy enough english tutorials.
thinkscipy is a bit steep in my opinion...
maybe you could indicate some, or maybe I'ts worth translating mine
Don't worry, be happy and make things better ;)
More information about the Edu-sig