[Edu-sig] PyCon Poster proposals

Vern Ceder vceder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:15:22 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

The deadline for poster proposals for PyCon 2011 is fast approaching.
While we actually do have some education themed posters this year, I
wanted to make sure that everyone here on edu-sig got one final
reminder. Below is the announcement that will be making the rounds
shortly, but seeing where my loyalties lie, you all get it first! ;)

If you want to get the word out about a project or share some of your
Pythonic research and innovation in a poster, let me invite you to put
in your proposal now - spots are limited and posters are being
approved on a rolling basis as submitted.

If you want to submit a poster, please check out the CFP at
http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/posters/cfp/. If you have any
questions don't hesitate to email me directly at vceder <AT>
gmail.com.

You may want to keep in mind the following:

1. a poster is a very different medium than a talk. You have 4x4 feet
of space to present your topic with text and graphics. Since viewers
will usually be at least 6-10 feet away from your poster, a bunch of
slides or dense text will make a poor poster.

2. successful posters generate more personal conversations between the
presenter and the attendees viewing the poster.

Poster proposals are being evaluated and accepted on a rolling basis
until January 19 or the 35 available slots are taken, so it's very
much a "first come first served, supplies are limited" situation.

All the best,
Vern Ceder, PyCon Poster Session Chair

--
Vern Ceder