[Edu-sig] General Programming Education

Richard Enbody enbody at cse.msu.edu
Fri Jul 15 15:38:53 CEST 2011

We do it that way. Use lots of methods for strings, lists and
dictionaries effectively "use objects first".  Later we teach how to
build classes.  We switched our CS1 to Python back in 2007 and that
approach has worked well to prepare our students for CS2 in C++.

-rich
enbody at cse.msu.edu
"The Practice of Computing using Python" by Punch & Enbody