[Edu-sig] notes from a User Group meeting... (Urner in Portland)

Kirby Urner kurner at oreillyschool.com
Thu Sep 29 00:51:27 CEST 2011

> Our recent PPUG meeting at Produce Row included Michelle Rowley's
> proposal to do a Pycon talk centered around posture, ergonomics, yoga,
> all those tricks you need to know to stay buff in your cubicle.

Something like:

class Kundalini:
    def __chakra1__(self): "Muladhara"
    def __chakra2__(self): "Swadhisthana"
    def __chakra3__(self): "Manipura"
    def __chakra4__(self): "Anahata"
    def __chakra5__(self): "Vishuddha"
    def __chakra6__(self): "Ajna"
    def __chakra7__(self): "Sahasrara"

comes to mind as a good mnemonic, acknowledging up front this isn't a real
magic name (so it'd mangle, not crash -- the above is legal Python, OK to
have docstring instead of pass).

The point of using underunder (dunder) is to remind us of ribs (__ribs__)
which is what a snake has (a backbone) and what a kundalini is.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be working.  Enough water cooler mumbo jumbo.

Back to the cube (somewhat figurative in my case, though I've been an
indigenous cube farmer in my day).**

Kirby

** http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2007/05/qyoobin.html