[Edu-sig] edu-sig in Pythonia

Matt Harrison matthewharrison at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:59:53 CEST 2012

Dean-

Thanks for including me on this topic. (Just subscribed to the list).

Rest-

As the author of said book, tutorial presenter at PyCON and co-wrangler of
the local Python group, I think it is important to remember the newbies. My
Intermediate Python tutorial has consistently been one of the top PyCon
tutorials. It doesn't have really anything new, but condenses a lot of
information that I wish someone had provided to me. It is nothing sexy, but
is a stepping stone for more advanced stuff. My short books are an attempt
to provide these stepping stones in a condensed format. The assumption that
all attendees are experts at PyCON, local user groups, etc is not true.
There are quite a few people interested in the stone stepping.

-matt