[Edu-sig] Net Logo / Tractor Art

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:53:23 CET 2012

I'm downloading Net Logo in the background.

Logo is making a come back in this new form, thanks to "complexity studies".

Turtles have become "agents" and the typical thing is to have thousands of them.

Capturing the ideas in these new "chaos" related curricula was one of
my objectives in building a super primitive ASCII graphic system built
on Tractors versus Turtles.

The Tractor-as-agent motif links me, conveniently to the Make: / DIY /
open source / hacker vision of the Open Source Tractor:

And also:  the 50 machines needed for your semi-autonomous campus /
village / community.

I hope to have some of my Tractor talks ready for lightning sharing at
Pycon this March.

Early draft of my code:  http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/python/OST/