[Edu-sig] Computer Science Education Week (2012 Dec 9-13)

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:46:48 CEST 2012

folks who are doing events/activities for CSEd week should post them up to
the main website (there's only 2 thus far). while i'm available to give a
session (talk or codelab) for any events close to where i'm based (silicon
valley), i don't have the bandwidth to organize an entire event.
anyway, the standard pitch is given below.

cheers,
--wesley

Computer Science Education Week  <http://www.csedweek.org/> (December 9-13,
2012)  is about celebrating and creating visibility for the importance of
K-12 computer science education.  Although the advocacy work is US-focused, the
celebration includes events and activities from all around the world.

Many teachers engage students in special CS-related activities during
CSEdWeek itself, but CS-related activities take place all year long, and
CSEdWeek strives to recognize and celebrate them all.  To do this, we
invite you to pledge
support<http://www.csedweek.org/forms/sign/pledge-step1> for
CSEdWeek and post CS-related K-12 activities on the CSEdWeek web site.

The more events we show, the better equipped we'll be to make the case that
CS education is vitally important and deserves local, national, and
international support!

Please note that contact information is input in Step 1 and in Step 2 you
will be invited to add your event or other outreach activity.
http://www.csedweek.org/forms/sign/pledge-step1

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    +wesley chun : wescpy at gmail : @wescpy
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com
    Python blog: http://wescpy.blogspot.com