[Edu-sig] Maintaining the edu-sig page on python.org

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 26 00:29:36 CEST 2013

> In the meantime, it's always a useful thread in edu-sig to brainstorm
> the kinds of links we might want.  What's new etc.?

One thing I think should be added is a link to Portable Python.
That is an awesome tool available for both Python 2 and 3.

Getting things "installed" at a school can be impossible.
Portable Python makes python not just possible, but easy.

I was thinking it might be cool to create a Portable Python
respin that has a bunch of educational apps, tools, and
maybe even lesson plans all built in.