[Edu-sig] Maintaining the edu-sig page on python.org

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 06:06:03 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see the edu-sig page as being primarily a front page for this email
> list, where the subscribers have updated more current information.
>
> The text of the page should encourage asked questions of our
> subscribers versus always trying to remain comprehensive about every
> cool tool, toy, book or education resource.

"... should encourage asking questions..." I should have typed.

> People with their own projects, books, kits, should feel free to toot
> their own horns especially in response to queries.

http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2013/04/launch-sequence.html

is my own horn tooting.  I use Python generators to introduce figurate
and polyhedral numbers, which are sequences that grow as you add to a
flat of spatial object.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Figurate_numbers

I'm one of the early developers along a branch / fork of geometry
started by Bucky Fuller, wherein we promote the tetrahedron as our
unit of volume and model of 3rd powering.