[Edu-sig] New CopyrightX StackExchange Community (off-topic?)

Kevin ipythonstudent at eml.cc
Sun Feb 17 20:28:34 CET 2013

Hi All,

For anyone that sees this post as off-topic, I offer my apologies, but I
kind-of feel like the subject of copyright is relevant to pretty much
everything on The Internet, and especially germane to programming and
education, so after thinking about it, I decided to post here.

I'm one of 500 students from all over the world enrolled in a free
Harvard Law School class taught through the auspices of the edX.org
initiative. I feel very lucky to be participating in this course, and
I've learned more about copyright in the last 3 weeks than in the
previous 10 years I think. Amazing course!

I've become so enthusiastic about the course and the subject that I'm
trying to raise awareness about a StackExchange.com (SE) community that
I just proposed yesterday and that I hope will ultimately attract many
of my fellow students and other interested people from all over the
world.

I may be suffering from a bit of naivety, but I'm optimistic that this
CopyrightX SE community might someday evolve to be a serious influence
on copyright reform throughout the world.

If anyone is interested, please consider following the community on SE
by going here:

<http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/51342/copyrightx?referrer=eTg5F3mNkg7w0qmiBIb3Zg2>

and clicking the orange "Follow It!" button. Maybe even contribute a few
example questions.

Thanks and again, my apologies to anyone who perceives this as spam.

-Kevin