[Edu-sig] online coding?

Kirby Urner kurner at oreillyschool.com
Wed Mar 20 15:57:06 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Rakesh Barve <rbarve at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am not an expert but one recent development is dynamic languages such as
> Python can now be interpreted and run inside browsers, making it possible
> to do the below kind of stuff as well as execution with no need of servers.
>
> One such example seems to be http://pythonlearn.com/pythonauto/index.php which
> uses  http://www.skulpt.org/
>
> Rakesh

Yes, Skulpt features an ingenious JavaScript interpreter of the Python
language.  The simple SDK, which requires Python to run, lets developers
add new features and tests to the JavaScript interpreter.  In end user
mode, you can write Python interactively without having even Python
installed, and without Internet access (though there's a high probability
you have both).