[Edu-sig] algebra -> digital math (Python friendly)

Kirby Urner kurner at oreillyschool.com
Wed Jul 2 18:39:44 CEST 2014

I go into quite a bit of detail in this thread at the Math Forum, regarding
what I think an Algebra course leading up to a digital math track might
look like.

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2637672

This is looking at what we might call "high school math" but I'd also bill
it as an adult refresher or just adult friendly -- obviously given I'm in a
commercial business-oriented adult-serving market niche myself these days
and wouldn't wanna deny myself access to my own best thinking. ;-D

However, much that I mention in this thread has been field tested with
tween and teens over the years (Saturday Academy etc.).  VPython has proved
a real boon.

Note:  per earlier posts, Oregon is one of those states where
for-math-credit courses like this have been authorized by law i.e. we don't
have to call it a "computer club" and expect extra-curricular commitments.
This is STEM-ready mathematics.