[Edu-sig] Changes to edu-sig web page...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 00:53:11 CEST 2014

Looks good but I'd say this advice is really too strict a criterion:

"Use Python 3, and more specifically version 3.4, if you only plan to teach
Python as an introductory language (say in a CS-1 course), making use *only*
of modules included in the standard distribution. "

In fact, Python 3 works with many 3rd party modules.  Check this out.

My bias would be to say use Python 3 if at all possible, most 3rd party
stuff rocks, but if you're stuck using dino 3rd party stuff, oh well, can't
win 'em all.

But that's not diplomatic and I wouldn't actually say it that way on the
web page.

Kirby