[Edu-sig] Changes to edu-sig web page...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 19:34:42 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Jeff Elkner <jeff at elkner.net> wrote:
Let's use the wiki page (https://wiki.python.org/moin/

> ) for this,
> Jurgis, so that the work of keeping it current can be distributed.
>
> Interested members of our community should create accounts for
> themselves on the wiki, and then we can maintain current information
> together.
>
> I'll put something on the main edu-sig page regarding the wiki and its use.
>
> Jeff

Getting the wiki back in order would make sense.  You'll remember it was
hacked awhile ago and a lot of people who had passwords no longer do.

Our Portland User Group has been futzing around trying to find someone to
help update its Wiki info but so far we've been stymied I think.

So if edu-sig is able to demonstrate mastery of the wiki (moin) that'd be a
morale booster I think.

Probably we don't want to use the home page to list for-money Python
courses as there are just so many of those.  If some free spirit wants to
keep track of them all, a single like to the for-money listings page might
do the job.

My O'Reilly School would be one of those offering Python training for a
fee, although our lesson text is free on-line I should add (but not for
copying i.e. it's not Creative Commons).

We protect the projects and quizzes for obvious reasons, though
StackOverFlow is currently violating our copyright (not their fault, some
student with no ethics betrayed our trust).  We hope to hear from them soon.