[Edu-sig] Reeborg update

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Nov 24 20:34:14 CET 2014

By the way, around here I get to read a whole lot of stuff the import of
which is that just as writing and penmanship are no longer things that
teachers need to focus on (because everybody types things, these days),
typing is about to get the axe as voice recognition is getting up to speed.
So people will not have to learn how to type, they will just talk their
essays, etc. into their tablets.

I think that this may work fine for dictation, but right now I shudder at
the thought of modifying code that way.  But this is what the future is
supposed to be, or so we are being told ...

Laura