[Edu-sig] turtle: properties instead of setters/getters ?

Jurgis Pralgauskis jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 00:04:18 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Andre Roberge <andre.roberge at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I doubt very much that anything is going to happen with the official
> Turtle module unless the person that actually wrote it decides it's worth
> looking into.
>
> Following a suggestion you made on this list, I submitted a patch (
> http://bugs.python.org/issue23660) about 6 weeks ago and no one has
> looked into it as far as I can tell.
>
> You could possibly write your own Turtle module, as a wrapper to the
> official one, using properties the way you mention.

Yes... but I would feel a bit lonely :)

There were some changes for turtle in py3, and earlier many improvements
were taken from xturtle module, which originated from here
<http://python4kids.net/turtle.html>.
Maybe it is possible to find the guys behind it...

Probably the more (tested) improvements are in one place/module, the more
it is possible to get it into upstream.

--
Jurgis Pralgauskis
tel: 8-616 77613;