[Edu-sig] Fairwell PyKata

David MacQuigg macquigg at ece.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 7 01:21:55 CEST 2015

I just got a notice from Google that PyKata and a few other programs I
developed using the Google App Engine, will no longer work unless I migrate
these applications to their new High Replication Datastore.  I took a quick
look at that process, but it has been too many years, and I am too busy
with my other activities to complete that process.  So PyKata will die very
soon, unless someone wants to take over as admin, and keep this website
alive.  You'll need to know Django and Google App Engine as well as Python.

The plan, which I was never able to complete, was to make this website into
a template that could be customized by anyone wanting to use it in their
own teaching activities.  The homepage would appear as unique to each
school.  Every teacher could have their own set of exercises, or use
whatever they like of someone else's set. It's all under a Creative Commons
license.