[Edu-sig] Pythonic Notes: comments versus docstrings, other topics

Kirby Urner kurner at oreillyschool.com
Sat May 16 06:28:34 CEST 2015

> The help on __doc__ belongs in the same section
> as help on __name__ and even __file__ as these
> are likewise attributes at the module level, which
> is where our course series first mentions
> docstrings (Lesson 1, Project 1 is already docstring
> aware). [1]

Footnotes

[1]  these on-line courses to which I refer are by Steve
Holden, a former Chairman of Python Software Foundation,
worked a lot in the conference business to breath life into
Pycon, DjangoCon, ApacheCon, GosCon and a few others.
We have URLs to the text in the public sphere but work
with StackOverFlow and others to keep the homework
(quizzes and projects) student-facing only, so that they
get the experience of working directly with a mentor, one
on one, no robo-grading, no grading at all, just a gradient,
a learning curve.