[Edu-sig] Python Physics Sandbox released

Jay Shaffstall jshaffstall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:13:32 EST 2016

>How do I give the ball a horizontal velocity?

The 1.4 development branch on github now  has the ability to set a constant
velocity for a shape.  For example, to move it horizontally right you could
use:

    ball1.velocity = (50, 0)

I won't be releasing 1.4 to PyPi until I've tracked down a bug with custom
shape gravity, but you can clone the repository and copy the files over to
your site-packages/pyphysicssandbox directory to use the newer version.

There are also a lot of screencasts on the YouTube channel covering most
aspects of the version 1.3 sandbox:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybNk1XwGtiPyiLVitMFmsQ

Jay