[Edu-sig] teaching Python 3.5 in 2016: snapshot

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:21:28 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:59 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for this most interesting post Charles!

Glad to catch your interest!

>> But the team teaching aspect is the point of this post.  Not every
>> teacher can have the luxury of a like-minded programmer anticipating their
>> next thought and coding-it-up live while you narrate, but wow! did that
>> ever work well.
>>

> This is an exciting suggestion.
>
> What I want to experiment a lot more with is "two instructors conversing"
> as the primary audio stream, more like a sportscast with two anchors, very
> typical on TV.  The dialog / banter / conversational aspects come through
> so much better than listening to a single lecturer basically talk to him or
> her self.

Yes, the back-and-forth can be priceless.  Off-the-cuff programmer humor,
true emotions, like you say, "sportscast style".   It's so much more
laid-back, you know, because there's already two people carrying-on a
casual conversation about the material, so it's easier for students to
speak-up and participate in that context.   Mucho potencial!