[Edu-sig] Online course & programming competitions for high school students

Georgina Wilcox georginawilcox at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 14:21:02 EDT 2016

This year is the 11th year of the NCSS Challenge -- an online programming
competition for high school students, run by the University of Sydney,
Australia. The competition runs for five weeks, and each week a set of
problems and a set of notes are released. Students can use the online
marking system to get immediate feedback on their work.

There are four difficulty levels, ranging from absolute beginners (suitable
for younger students), through to advanced. If you're a teacher and
considering using this with your students they have free teacher trials:
http://groklearning.com/teachers

The competition itself starts on Monday 1st August. I've worked on this
challenge as a volunteer for several years, I'd be happy to answer any
questions you might have. Otherwise, check out the website:
https://groklearning.com/challenge

Georgina