[Edu-sig] Welcoming newcomers

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 01:36:07 EDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 3:55 PM, José Carlos García <jcg at quobit.net> wrote:

> On 30 April 2017 at 00:07, <edu-sig-request at python.org> wrote:
>
>> - an awesome-python-edu README.rst repo (with a table of ``..
>> contents::` ) might also spurn contributions of useful resources
>>

> ​Hi, I'm a secondary school & VET CS teacher in Spain (though I'm 6 years
> seconded at the local education administration; so not teaching these
> years).
>
> About Wes Turner's proposal: in the last months I've been collecting lots
> of links on https://github.com/quobit/awesome-python-in-education

Echoing Andrew, great list!

Although O'Reilly School of Tech closed its doors, the virtual curriculum
remains in the commons, authored by Steve Holden, past PSF chair and
instigator of the North American Pycon.

http://archive.oreilly.com/oreillyschool/courses/courses.html#course_id_158

That's the one I mentored for a few years, be for shifting gears again.

I'm something of a Youtube addict and am always finding new ones, but am
not very organized about curating -- that could change.

Wes, thanks for all those links, which I'm learning from.

I'm finally looking more at Processing thanks to poking around with Arduino
more.

They say Python is a great glue language, meaning it's always looking for
stuff to glue onto (or should we say embrace?).