[Edu-sig] Help with Jupyter Notebook, please?

A. Jorge Garcia calcpage at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 11:22:20 EDT 2017

Well, I thought I'd try one of these cloud severs for a change. cocalc.com has the latest version the latest version of SAGE, I just assumed it had the latest version of Python too. Silly me!

That's why i need to input a=float(0) for the first Riemann Sum. It didn't click. Sorry, I've been teaching Java all year. This is the first time I used Python this year which is unusual for me.

So, instead of a=float(0), could I just write a=0.0 as a=0 brings up this issue? In fact, is it sufficient to write all integer constants as floats like 7.0 instead of 7? Or should I just "import from _future_ division" and be done?

Thanx, everyone for your help!!!

TIA,
AJG

Sincerely,