[Elections-wg] Requirements for the PSF Voting System

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Tue May 26 16:47:17 CEST 2015

In a message of Tue, 26 May 2015 10:21:17 -0400, Donald Stufft writes:

re:
>The first requirement I can think of comes from the PSF bylaws:

>    14.8. Any vote conducted through electronic means must be done through a
>    mechanism by which both the identity of each voter and the date that such
>    vote is made can be verified.

Changing the bylaws is a possibility.  It is unclear to me why it is we
need to know what date that a voter voted -- 'sometime in the election
period' seems not precise enough for our bylaws.  It doesn't seem too
onerous to me -- and should we have a case of election fraud, due to
some sort of identity hijacking, it could be very useful to know,  but I
know people who think that this sort of bookkeeping violates their privacy.

Laura