[Email-SIG] My plans for the parser

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Tue Sep 9 16:07:58 EDT 2003

Dear Anthony,

> I'd just thought I'd drop a brief note with my basic plans for the
> email parser. I plan on a parser mode (or maybe we'll end up with
> multiple parsers) that is an absolute "best effort" parser - that
> is, it will always produce a message structure regardless of how
> mangled the message is.

I think that's grand. You probably already know it but I've found
that, very occasionally, Python's base-64 decoder will raise an error
where a laxer one will produce results. I have one of those and
you're welcome to it if you want, but you can probably do better off
the top of your head.

Regards,
Matt