[Email-SIG] encoding To headers

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Mon Jan 17 06:59:39 CET 2005

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> I wonder if it makes sense to try to fold this into the email package?

http://www.python.org/sf/963906

I personally quite like the 'subclass unicode' approach, but I'm happy
to sacrifice that for getting the code into the core.

> On a related note, Pycon2005 is coming up soon and I will be attending.
> There are four days of sprints preceding the conference and last year,
> Anthony, Thomas and I sprinted on the new feed parser.  While we didn't
> finish that work during the sprint, I think that session was more
> successful than my following Mailman3 sprint.  The fruits of the email
> sprint are evident in the new FeedParser that's part of email 3.0.
>
> Does anybody want to sprint on the email package again this year?  Some
> things we could work on include:

> - Adding a persistency and/or external storage API, or developing a
> relational model for storing email messages.

Hmmm... maybe I should talk to my boss about getting to PyCon this year.
Although I suspect we might want it before end-of-March so might have to
implement the bits we need sooner.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/