[Email-SIG] email package 4.0a2

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Mar 14 15:23:59 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 08:58 +0900, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
> I've uploaded this patch on the SF tracker.

Thanks, that definitely fixes your problem, but SF #1368247 is still
broken.  I haven't yet had time to figure out the right fix, but the
cause is obvious.  That unicode string never gets encoded before it's
getting written by the generator into the StringIO.

Shouldn't set_charset('utf-8') cause the unicode payload to get encoded?

-Barry