[Email-SIG] which email package for Python 2.3 / 2.4 / 2.5?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sat Nov 11 04:51:32 CET 2006

Hi, Barry.

I'm working with a system that has to work on Python 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5
(and eventually 2.6).  It parses email messages and does various
things with them.  However, it seems that Python 2.3, 2.4, and 2.5 all
have mutually incompatible email packages, mainly due to re-packaging
and renaming.  Am I understanding this correctly?

If so, it seems that the only solution is to ship one of the
standalone email packages with my system, instead of relying on
Python's built-in module.  So which one to ship?  It has to work with
each of the base Python distributions.  I'm guessing email 2.5.

Any ideas welcome.

Bill